Re: MacOS python/GUI issues

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: MacOS python/GUI issues
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 20:39:12 -0600

On 10/19/08 6:54 PM, "Han-Wen Nienhuys" <address@hidden> wrote:

>> '/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/setuptools-0.6c9-py2.5.egg/pkg_resources.
> pyc' does not exist
>
> this could either be a permission issue (the .py exists, but the .pyc
> canĀ“t be written), or some kind of packaging error for setuptools. Is
> there some sort of demo that you can use to verify that it works in
> general?

OK, after a bit of googling and hunting around in my directory tree, I found
out that the python egg had never been unzipped; it was stored as a zipped
archive, not a directory.  So I redid the install of setuptools, with the
following command:

sudo easy_install -U -Z setuptools

This unpacked setuptools properly, and the system seemed to run just fine,
until I got to this line in setup.py

                '/sw/lib/python2.4/subprocess.py',

There is no /sw directory.

I've searched my hard drive, and there is no copy of subprocess.py except in
some old archive directories created by the GUB when installing on Windows.

I have _not_ used the GUB on my MacOS box, because I wanted to run native
and the GUB doesn't work.  Should subprocess.py have been created by the GUB
install?  Is there anyplace I can get a copy of subprocess.py to allow me to
continue testing this out?

Thanks,

Carl