Re: starting 2.13 soon

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: starting 2.13 soon
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 12:29:15 -0500

    >> Unless anybody complains within the next 48 hours, we'll switch to
    >> 2.13 and get started with all the major changes.

    John> What major changes are expected?  Are there already significant
    John> changes that deserve switching to 2.13 very soon?  Minor syntax
    John> changes are not worthwhile IMHO.

I think you should switch to 2.13 for *any* syntax changes.

The reason is that 2.12 is called a "stable" release.  What many
people who do production work think that means is that you can save
one version of 2.12 and it will work with any 2.12 files, without
having to run convert-ly, and certainly without having to hand-convert
anything.

--
Laura   (mailto:address@hidden http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097  233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

You can't lead if no one will follow.  People throw up their hands,
then sit on them.  They just want to get on with their lives.  The
leaders keep saying, "We need strong leadership," then they sneak off
to peek at their poll ratings.

Margaret Attwood