Re: starting 2.13 soon

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: starting 2.13 soon
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 01:31:35 +0800

On Sun, Feb 01, 2009 at 06:22:28PM +0100, John Mandereau wrote:
> Graham Percival a écrit :
>> Has anything urgent happened since 2.12.2 was released?  I can't
>> think of anything.
>>
>> Unless anybody complains within the next 48 hours, we'll switch to
>> 2.13 and get started with all the major changes.
>
> What major changes are expected?  Are there already significant changes
> that deserve switching to 2.13 very soon?  Minor syntax changes are not
> worthwhile IMHO.

IIRC there were already two patches that are waiting to be applied
that were put off until 2.13.  Trevor was talking about
reshuffling the text crescendo commands.  I just finished
unpacking today (yeah, 3.5 weeks after I arrived :)  and I want to
start tearing up LM 1 and AU 1.

Most of all, the stability rule about 2.12 was imposed too quickly
and came as a shock to most developers.  We'll have a much longer
stable 2.14, but I think it's better to move to 2.13 sooner rather
than later.  About a month ago, I said that we'd move to 2.13 at
the beginning of Feb.