Syntax changes in translated documentation

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Syntax changes in translated documentation
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 15:36:30 -0600

OK, so I'm making syntax changes in autobeaming for LilyPond.

I've worked through rhythms.itely and input/lsr (and I'll soon work through
input/regression).

Now my make doc is failing because of snippets in /de/user/rhythms.itely
that use the old syntax and have, in many cases, been removed from
rhythms.itely.

What shall I do?

I can see perhaps two options:

1) Manually edit all of the lang/user/rhythms.itely files (aarghh!)
2) Write a convert-ly rule and manually run all of the
lang/user/rhythms.itely files through convert-ly.  Then I'll probably
still have to manually edit all of the rhythms.itely, because the rule will
be a NOT_SMART rule.

I think I favor option 2 (although I haven't written the rule yet).

Any hints from the devel team as to how to best accomplish this?  I looked
in the CG (thanks, Graham ;)  but couldn't find anything describing how to
deal with this circumstance.

Thanks,

Carl