Re: PATCH: Improved tablature support

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: PATCH: Improved tablature support
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 14:09:57 -0700 (PDT)

Marc Hohl wrote:
> Hm, sounds kind of morbid to me, calling a note "dead", but since
> I am not a native english speaker, I cannot judge this from a neutral
> point of view.
> Do you think that there will arise big problems with these commands?
> I think \deadNotesOn and \deadNote are rather self-explanatory, so I don't
> believe to confuse potential users.

I prefer "muted" rather than "dead". Though, the LilyPond internals
can get kind of violent, especially with the Hara_kiri_engraver, and
ly:grob-suicide! (whose docstring simply says "Kill grob"). I would
rule that more as a homicide. By the way, I killed a grob once, just
to watch him die.

- Mark
ps. joking aside, I think "muted" is alot better.