Re: lilycontrib.tcl, was Re: the "r" in "git pull -r"

From: Maximilian Albert
Subject: Re: lilycontrib.tcl, was Re: the "r" in "git pull -r"
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 22:40:30 +0900

Hi Johannes,

> I pushed a new version to git://repo.or.cz/lilypond/dscho.git.  You can
> download it directly here:
>
> http://repo.or.cz/w/lilypond/dscho.git?a=blob_plain;f=lilycontrib.tcl;hb=lilycontrib

Cool, works like a charm now. Thanks a lot!

One minor comment: For new contributors with no experience in git (or
version control in general) it may seem as though nothing happens
after pressing the button. Thus I'd suggest to add two messages to
indicate that the process was started, along the lines of:

==>
proc update_lilypond {} {
        global lily_dir
        if {![file exists $lily_dir]} {
                write_to_output "Starting to clone LilyPond repository (this
can take some time) ...\n"
                file mkdir $lily_dir
                git init
                git config core.bare false
                git remote add -t master \
                        origin git://repo.or.cz/lilypond.git
                git fetch --depth 1
                git reset --hard origin/master
                git config branch.master.remote origin
                git config branch.master.merge refs/heads/master
                .update configure -text "Update LilyPond"
        } else {
                write_to_output "Starting to update LilyPond repository ...\n"
                git fetch origin
                git merge origin/master
        }
        write_to_output "Done.\n"