Re: integration of general/web in main

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: integration of general/web in main
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 16:49:02 -0700

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 01:31:57AM +0200, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> Op woensdag 12-08-2009 om 15:39 uur [tijdzone -0700], schreef Graham
> Percival:
>
> > but did you check with John about this integration?  He was
> > working on the Documentation build system, so this might have
> > duplicated some of his efforts.
>
> Oops.  Let's hope we've been making orthogonal fixes :-)
>
> Anyway, I converted the original essay to texinfo, it's in
>
>     Documentation/automated-engraving

Mao!  I knew that I should have replied to the other message
before having breakfast...

Andrew Hawryluk (he of the fantastic "lilypond vs. finale" page)
is working on a revised essay, taking the best from the old LM 1.1
essay and the old website essay.  The old essays are no longer
needed.

That said, I suppose we _could_ use the translated versions of the
old website essay, in case translators didn't have enough time to
do the new essay.  It would look a bit weird having a completely
different essay depending on the language, but this _might_ be
useful as a temporary measure.

Sorry,