Re: Code review/discussion time again.

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Code review/discussion time again.
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 11:27:12 +0100

Am Montag, 23. November 2009 07:19:58 schrieb David Kastrup:
> Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> writes:
> > this is exactly why do not have a central ChangeLog file.
>
> Sure, that's sane.  I am just saying that a central place to register
> properties has the same problem.

No, with a ChangeLog, changes are always appended at the beginning (or at the
end), so two persons adding entries will invariably lead to automatic merge
problems.
However, properties are alphabetically sorted, so the longer the list, the
smaller the chance that the two committers are working on the same three lines
that are relevant to the two patches.
If the patches don't overlap, the automatic merge of git rebase or git merge
will take care of the merge, and you won't see any problems.

Cheers,
Reinhold

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886