Re: New LilyPond Spanish Users list at GNU

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: New LilyPond Spanish Users list at GNU
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 20:23:42 +0100

2009/12/26 Valentin Villenave <address@hidden>:
> 2009/12/26 John Mandereau <address@hidden>:
>>>   Should we ask the -user-fr
>>> people to accept a name change to lilypond-fr ?
>>
>> This is perfectly acceptable, and I think a confirmation of Valentin,
>> the other administrator, will be enough to decide to request it to
>> Savannah hackers.  If this happens, we should send a big fat warning on
>> the list and info-lilypond, and put a news item on lilypond.org, to
>> announce the name change.
>
> Hello guys, and merry Xmas by the way.
>
> No problem as far as I'm concerned. That being said, I kinda like
> -user-fr, since it makes clear that this is an user-oriented list
> (most developers can handle enough English to use -devel anyway).
>
> I agree with most of what has been said; I also agree that lilynet.net
> should probably not be used for "official"-looking resources. About
> the "officially" supported languages, I'm not sure we really need to
> set an arbitrary limit. After all, having a mailing list does help
> when translating the docs and website, so there might be some kind of
> a chicken-and-egg problem if we demand contributors to translate stuff
> *before* havin a mailing list. (On the other hand, this is where
> lilynet might help: for instance nobody will object to have a
> temporary swahili-speaking mailing list or some pages on the Wiki.)

Than you all for your concern and time on the issue.

I should be more comfortable having lilypond-es and lilypond-user-fr
than forcing a rename of the fr list. I am also willing to go on with
lilypond-user-es if regularity over names is so much important, but
probably -utilisateurs or -fr alone would have been better from the
begninning. I other words, I do not want to impose my name scheme to
anyone, and I feel that a rename of an existing list is always a pain.

Waiting for any directions on what to do from my side. Hope you are
enjoying holidays,

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com