Re: New LilyPond Spanish Users list at GNU

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: New LilyPond Spanish Users list at GNU
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 19:56:37 +0100

2009/12/26 John Mandereau <address@hidden>:
>>   Should we ask the -user-fr
>> people to accept a name change to lilypond-fr ?
>
> This is perfectly acceptable, and I think a confirmation of Valentin,
> the other administrator, will be enough to decide to request it to
> Savannah hackers.  If this happens, we should send a big fat warning on
> the list and info-lilypond, and put a news item on lilypond.org, to
> announce the name change.

Hello guys, and merry Xmas by the way.

No problem as far as I'm concerned. That being said, I kinda like
-user-fr, since it makes clear that this is an user-oriented list
(most developers can handle enough English to use -devel anyway).

I agree with most of what has been said; I also agree that lilynet.net
should probably not be used for "official"-looking resources. About
the "officially" supported languages, I'm not sure we really need to
set an arbitrary limit. After all, having a mailing list does help
when translating the docs and website, so there might be some kind of
a chicken-and-egg problem if we demand contributors to translate stuff
*before* havin a mailing list. (On the other hand, this is where
lilynet might help: for instance nobody will object to have a
temporary swahili-speaking mailing list or some pages on the Wiki.)

Cheers,
Valentin