Re: improving the CG

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: improving the CG
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 00:00:01 +0000

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 11:52 PM, Colin Campbell <address@hidden> wrote:
> Carl Sorensen wrote:
>> If you're only working on docs (i.e. no code changes), there's no need to
>> run make before make doc, IIUC.
>
> Noob question: is it likely that a change in the binary, overlooked by not
> doing a make, would break the docs, in the sense of changing documented
> behaviour? I've formed the habit of make && make doc any time git pull -r
> looks like it caught something, but perhaps I'm being overly cautious?

Yes, that's possible.  I recommend that you do the "make" after every
"git pull"; it should only take a few minutes.

It's _just_ possible that some change won't be picked up by "make" and
will require a rebuild from scratch, but this only occurs once or
twice a year.  If "make" ever ends with an error, just send it to
lilypond-devel.