Re: Testing needed for 2.13.15

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Testing needed for 2.13.15
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 19:37:14 +0000

On Fri, Mar 05, 2010 at 03:27:38PM +0000, James Lowe wrote:

> I get no messages at all.

Try scrolling up -- if there's some kinds of errors, lilypond will
print an error message, and then give the --help message.  As a
result, the actual error mesage won't be visible on your screen.

I consider this sub-optimal behavior, but I haven't had the chance
to address it.

> For example i type
>
> 'lilypond file1.ly file2.ly file3.ly'
>
> In fact
>
> 'lilypond file.ly'

silly question -- do you have a file.ly in your current directory?
You need to create+save a file called "file.ly" before running the
above command.

> So unless it some 'you-must-use-full-paths' problem (I drag the app to
> the Applications Dir and then cd into my dir with my .ly files and type
> the commands above) I cannot think what else it could be. I was late for
> work so I didn't do much more on it.

You definitely *do* need to use full paths, but if you're getting
the --help message, then the problem isn't about the full path
to the lilypond binary.  I'm suspicious about a
"you-must-use-full-paths-to-ly-files" problem, though.