Re: mac osx terminal instructions

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: mac osx terminal instructions
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 13:28:04 +0100

On 7 Mar 2010, at 12:30, Graham Percival wrote:

But one could add /usr/local/bin/ before the
Lilypond directory. In addition, I have paths to MacPorts /opt/, Fink
/sw/, and TeX-Live /usr/local/texlive/ TeX.

LilyPond seems fairly up-to-date, so it might be added after before or
after MacPorts.

If you rely on "seems fairly up-to-date", then any time there's a
version clash, you could get serious problems.  I think the shell
script way is more reliable.

Yes, to both. I use the shell script, because it is more reliable. But users that do not install a lot of other stuff might put it somewhere after /usr/local/bin/.

  Hans