Re: website translation infrastructure

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: website translation infrastructure
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 08:45:02 +0100

Op zondag 07-03-2010 om 20:16 uur [tijdzone +0000], schreef Graham
Percival:
> On Sun, Mar 07, 2010 at 08:49:57PM +0100, Francisco Vila wrote:

Hi Graham,

Just toyed a bit with the website yesterday and it all worked for
me on my home box, so...

> ... hmm, it appears that there's anothe .htaccess file, this time
> in LILY_WEB_ROOT/web/ .  This file just contains:
> # Automatic language select
> DirectoryIndex index

Ah, yeah.  Without this, the language selection still works, but
you have to append the "index" part, ie

    http://lilypond.org/~graham/website/index

> however, when I add this command to the .htaccess file in the new
> website, I get a server error when I try to view the site.  Any
> ideas?

The DirectoryIndex option is not allowed for home directories.  So
I added a symlink from people, and added the above .htaccess to
/people.  Now it works if you go to

    http://lilypond.org/people/graham/website/

[and set browser language to [es]]

Greetings,