Re: website translation infrastructure

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: website translation infrastructure
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 11:54:12 +0200

Il giorno gio, 04/03/2010 alle 18.48 +0000, Graham Percival ha scritto:
> After hours of looking at the current translation python files and
> getting totally discouraged, I decided to start writing a new python
> file, web_post.py instead of www_post.py.  This proved to be much
> simpler.  I'm not interested in complaints about this.

Given the intrication and the ad-hoc-ness of all the www_post stuff with
the rest of the build system and the fact that we already had
functionality duplication between www_post stuff and the old website
building, this is a reasonable option.  I'm treying to make
website_post.py use documentation PO files instead of sticking strings
translations, though.

> Now, does anybody know if I'm supposed to eliminate the ".html" file
> these files?

Yes.

>   I tried doing it locally, but then I couldn't get apache
> and firefox to render the files as html rather than plain text.

Content negociation should be set up (Apache module mod_content or
mod_contents).  I don't know more about this and have no time to learn
at the moment.

Cheers,
John