Re: hold your horses, new repo #3 ETA 1500 CET [WAS]: new Git stats

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: hold your horses, new repo #3 ETA 1500 CET [WAS]: new Git stats
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 12:33:03 -0700

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 11:45 AM, Jan Nieuwenhuizen
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Op zondag 28-03-2010 om 01:13 uur [tijdzone -0700], schreef Patrick
> McCarty:
>
>> Great, that's a better solution anyway.  I'll have a look at the new
>> repo tomorrow (well, later today) when I get the chance.
>
> The new repo is up.  I would appreciate a few checks, all past checks
> now pass and all concerns raised so far have been addressed.
>
> I would really like to announce this to be the official new repo.

The master branch looks good to me.

In the overall repo, I'm find some duplicate commits.  For example,
have a look at the shortlog for the "release/2.1.3" commit:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/release/2.1.3

I chose a commit at random from this shortlog and noticed it was
duplicated in the master branch:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=commit;h=abe1e05cd35ee7498ce956fd0a378eba961376bd
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=commit;h=26633bbfbf821a7cfdfe7a0367d1ea94a440be2e

I don't think this is *too* big of an issue, and will likely be
unnoticed to most people, so I'm willing to let it slide.  It's your
call.  :-)

After all, `git cherry-pick' introduces duplicate commits, too.

Thanks,
Patrick