Re: hold your horses, new repo #3 ETA 1500 CET [WAS]: new Git stats

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: hold your horses, new repo #3 ETA 1500 CET [WAS]: new Git stats
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 13:56:08 -0700

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 1:12 PM, Jan Nieuwenhuizen
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Op zondag 28-03-2010 om 13:09 uur [tijdzone -0700], schreef Patrick
> McCarty:
>>
>> It appears that only one duplicate commit exists in these situations.
>
> Does the old archive also have the duplicated commit?

I don't know, and I can't verify because I've already removed the old
repo from my system.

> How did you find the duplicated commit?

By looking at file history and release-commit shortlogs in the gitweb interface.

> Which ones are duplicated?

They seem to be scattered throughout the history, and some of them are
valid backport fixes.

It's not immediate obvious that there is any duplicate history, and it
won't affect the project statistics, AFAIK.  The most critical history
is from the master branch, and the master branch is fine.

Let's just leave it as-is.

Thanks,
Patrick