Occasional Problem with Gitk on Ubunto

From: James Lowe
Subject: Occasional Problem with Gitk on Ubunto
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 18:52:28 +0100

hello,

I use the Lilybunto dist in a VM to do my Lilypond work and I have noticed on and off that occasionally 'gitk' only shows the last 'few' lines of the all the checkins.

See attached.

I haven't been able to find out how to make it show all the previous patches, and I have removed the .gitk file from my home dir and also the .gitk-cache file from the lilypond dir, but to no avail.

I am not really git-conversant so I find this tool very useful to keep a track of what has been added recently so feel a bit blind when it doesn't work properly.

Can anyone offer any advice, or perhaps there is a better place I can search through all previous checkins?

Thanks for your time.

James

PNG image