Re: order of engravers

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: order of engravers
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 19:15:23 +0200

> In Carl's defense, he's horribly busy with end-of-term teaching (which
> always penalizes one's real work, namely research) and then has a
> conference to deal with.  When we deal with open-source volunteer
> projects while we have that much stress in our lives, we all get
> short-tempered.  I'm certain that you can think of examples from my
> own emails.

Sure.  But there is always the option to not reply at all.  That takes
even less time.  Or the mixed strategy: postpone answering (mark as
unread or similar) and see if somebody else does it in time.  And I was
not entirely joking when providing Carl with a stock answer I consider
more conducive in most of the situations where he would answer like he
did.

Yes, a stock answer is never a fabulous thing to get, but if a stock
answer it is going to be, putting something nice into ~/stock might give
slightly better payoff.

Whatever.  I have currently a few syntax projects in my Lilypond pipe,
so it is unlikely that I will work on topological sorting anytime soon
(which is basically what this is about).