Re: the four Meisters of the lilypocalypse

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: the four Meisters of the lilypocalypse
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 11:12:45 +0200

2010/6/11 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> * Translation Meister: trains new translators, organizes who does
>  what (if necessary?), and handles merging branches.  When
>  the translators add a new file and don't add it to GNUmakefile,
>  I get to yell at this person.

I can do this if anyone teaches me.

>  This used to be John, but I believe that we don't have a
>  dedicated, specified person for it now.

John is now a bit less available, but it is a temporary situation.

>  I've seen Francisco
>  doing the merging often, but IIRC I've seen a few other people
>  as well.  I think we should make Francisco the official
>  Translation Meister

John is still the right person for this because:

He designed and coded much of the translation infrastructure.
He teached me.
I was a less-then-perfect student and he's still many things to teach me.
He is very technically skilled

So: I accept only until he is more available.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com