Re: the four Meisters of the lilypocalypse

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: the four Meisters of the lilypocalypse
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 12:36:46 +0100

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 11:12:45AM +0200, Francisco Vila wrote:
> 2010/6/11 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> >  This used to be John, but I believe that we don't have a
> >  dedicated, specified person for it now.
>
> John is now a bit less available, but it is a temporary situation.

Temporary as in "until he finished moving into a new apartment at
the end of the month", or temporary as in "he'll finish his phd in
three years" ?

> He designed and coded much of the translation infrastructure.
> He teached me.
> I was a less-then-perfect student and he's still many things to teach me.
> He is very technically skilled
>
> So: I accept only until he is more available.

Ok, you're it.

This isn't an honorary position or some way to claim that you're
more important than other translators -- it's saying that you'll
take responsibility for certain actions.  I think it's been
demonstrated during GDP and our general functioning in the past
two years that a vague "collective" responsibility doesn't work
for most things.  By all means appoint John as the Translation
Meister as soon as he says that he has enough time to handle those
tasks.