Re: 100+ warnings and some cosmetics along the way (issue1724041)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: 100+ warnings and some cosmetics along the way (issue1724041)
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 15:06:32 +0100

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 2:35 PM, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:
> it's not that I want things untouched, it's that
>
> * I don't want someone else to come along and change formatting details again.

Absolutely; we've had this problem too many times in the documentation.

> * If we are doing a fixup of this, we should try to do all files at
> the same time, or at least a section of files.
>
> If we decide on a line length limit (I am fine with 100 or 80. We have
> 80 at google, and I find it on the short side), we should document
> that and then fix all instances of it in a structured way.

If anybody is seriously interested in such matters, I recommend they read:
"Automatic code indentation improvement (and replacing tabs with spaces)"

including the emails linked from comments.

It would be really nice to standardize on things, but it's a non-trivial task.