Re: google analytics and .htaccess

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: google analytics and .htaccess
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 14:18:13 -0300

On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 11:01 AM, Jan Nieuwenhuizen
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Op zondag 27-06-2010 om 14:18 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Graham
> Percival:
>
>> 1)  it would be nice if google analytics could tell us info about
>> how people use the new website.  This may require tweaking
>> something, setting some options somewhere, or whatever.
>> I know nothing about analytics, so I don't even know what I don't
>> know.  That makes me nervous.  Also, I don't have the time to
>> spend hours reading through their docs.  So it would be really
>> nice if I could work with somebody who knows what they're doing
>> about this.

Just browse around a bit on the analytics pages and play. There is a
view where you can see how many people click each link on each page,
which shows you how people use the site.

I also have a goals defined (a click on the download link), and there
is a view that shows you through which path people reach the goal.