Re: Change syntax for woodwind-diagram markup (issue1946043)

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Re: Change syntax for woodwind-diagram markup (issue1946043)
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 23:32:42 +0000

On 2010/08/18 21:46:02, Neil Puttock wrote:
On 2010/08/15 04:10:36, Carl wrote:

> I tested, and verified that I don't need it, but why?  I thought
that we had
> checks to issue a warning if an undefined property was used.  Is
that only for
> context properties?

It depends on whether you think users are likely to do this (where
you'd also
have to `graphical' to an interface),

\override TextScript #'graphical = ##t
\override TextScript #'text = \markup \woodwind-diagram ...

I don't think the override of #'text is necessary; \markup creates
TextScript grobs, IIUC.

I deliberately want to be able to override the TextScript property,
because I want to
be able to set the display properties for all of the  diagrams in a
piece (or perhaps in
a particular context), rather than having to set them diagram by
diagram.

So I might want to do something like:

diagram = \markup \woodwind-diagram #'oboe #'((lh . (d ees))
                                    (cc . (five3qT1q))
                                    (rh . (gis)))

<<
  \new Staff {
    \override Staff.TextScript #'size = #1.5
    c''^\diagram
  }
  \new Staff {
    c''_\diagram
  }

This was the original intent of moving size, thickness, and graphical
from the argument
list to the property list.

So I guess I will need to go back and add graphical as a property, as
well as adding it to
an interface.

Thanks,

Carl

rather than this:

\markup \override #'(graphical . #t) \woodwind-diagram ...

There's no type-checking for markup props, but you can sneakily use
them in grob
overrides so they leak into markup, even if LilyPond protests.

Cheers,
Neil

http://codereview.appspot.com/1946043/