Re: vert. spacing: Rename properties (lily, scm). (issue3031041)

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Re: vert. spacing: Rename properties (lily, scm). (issue3031041)
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 04:37:18 +0000

Many of my general comments were in my reply to your message.  There are
some specifics in the files here.

Thanks,

Carl

http://codereview.appspot.com/3031041/diff/30001/lily/axis-group-interface.cc
File lily/axis-group-interface.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/3031041/diff/30001/lily/axis-group-interface.cc#newcode780
lily/axis-group-interface.cc:780: "The following properties of the
@code{VerticalAxisGroup}"
I'm uncomfortable with having all this documentation in the docstring.
But maybe I shouldn't be.

It seems to me that each of the properties defined here is defined as a
grob property in scm/define-grob-properties.scm.

I guess the weakness here is that we don't have a good system for
defining nested properties.  In particular, each of these properties is
a property of type "spacing" (I'm not quibbling about the terminology
right now), and we don't have anywhere to say what subproperties a
property of type spacing has.

The interface page in the IR *might* be the right place to put it, but I
think it is better to have the full description in the NR, and a short
description in the IR.

http://codereview.appspot.com/3031041/diff/30001/scm/define-grob-properties.scm
File scm/define-grob-properties.scm (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/3031041/diff/30001/scm/define-grob-properties.scm#newcode777
scm/define-grob-properties.scm:777: consecutive staves within the same
@emph{region}, even if one or
I'm uncomfortable about having this much information about the
performance in the docstring for a property.  It seems inconsistent with
the rest of the property docstrings.

But I'm not sure I know a better way to do it....

http://codereview.appspot.com/3031041/diff/30001/scm/define-grob-properties.scm#newcode779
scm/define-grob-properties.scm:779: two staves.  For the
@code{StaffGrouper} version of this property,
I don't think there are two different "versions" of the property.  The
difference is what type of Grob the property is applied to.

http://codereview.appspot.com/3031041/