Re: Byzantine chant and microtones

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Byzantine chant and microtones
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 15:35:22 +0100

On 11 Nov 2010, at 18:47, Erich Enke wrote:

Thank you for the pointers.  Since translation to Western notation
remains a goal of mine, it would make sense to develop the staff
notation.  The responses were encouraging enough that I'll begin
looking into implementing this in lilypond.

I have hacked up a file in E36, since all your E72 values were even. It shows how to do it both with and without key signatures. The choice of microtonal accidentals is quite arbitrary. You might use it for experimentation.