Re: Regtest comparison for 2.13.41

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Regtest comparison for 2.13.41
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 16:25:32 +0000

On 4 December 2010 15:58, Phil Holmes <address@hidden> wrote:
> stem-length-estimation.log: there's much less text in the logfile - don't
> understand why, though.

It's due to the addition of \book { } around the snippet (which
ensures the page layout is preserved rather than relying on
lilypond-book).

> display-lily-tests.log: there's more output in the logfile.  Again, I have
> no idea why, but this does look a significant difference and I would
> appreciate someone who understands this test looking at what's going on.

Valentin added some more display method tests for \tempo as part of
his patch for tempo ranges.

There's no method for \tempo "Andante" at the moment (hence the `Test
90 unequal' message), but a fix for this is part of my patch for issue
1205.

> tablature-full-notation.log: well - the warning about unterminated ties
> works!  In the log file on the regtest comparison, it gives 3 warnings. This
> may be one per stave, which doesn't seem needed?  I'll check this later.

It's unavoidable, since the warning message only occurs once the
engraver tries to create a tie.  This happens three times in separate
staves, but the source is from the same music (since it's inside an
identifier), leading to the same input location in the log file.

> tie-arpeggio.log: ditto.  It would also justify a bit better look at this,
> to ensure the correct number of warnings are given.

The warnings are correct here: the first bar has two notes (c and e)
followed by ties which can't be tied:

c ~ e ~ g ~ <c, e g>

> part-combine-force-once.ly: The text "Solo" and "Solo II" are moved to the
> right - don't know whether this is an intended fix.

That's correct following Reinhold's patch for part combine texts on
notes (using the new context property partCombineTextsOnNote).

Cheers,
Neil