Re: Regtest comparison for 2.13.41

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Regtest comparison for 2.13.41
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 14:32:36 -0000

"Carl Sorensen" <address@hidden> wrote in message news:address@hidden
On 12/4/10 11:20 AM, "Carl Sorensen" <address@hidden> wrote:

On 12/4/10 11:16 AM, "Carl Sorensen" <address@hidden> wrote:

On 12/4/10 10:51 AM, "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> wrote:

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> wrote in message
news:address@hidden

page-breaking-min-systems-per-page2.log: "warning: compressing music to
fit" is added.  Presumably an intended fix for vertical spacing issues.

I've now created a web page with the information from my pixel-by-pixel
comparison, including compile times.

http://www.holmessoft.co.uk/homepage/lilypond/2_13_41/imagediffs.htm

If you did a pixel compare on page-breaking-min-systems-per-page2 for the
whole image, you'd see that it's much better. The staff that overwrites the
tagline in the .40 image is now above the tagline in .41.  The change is
significant, but it's an improvement, not a regression.

Oops -- I was looking at page3, not page2.

You're right -- this is not good. I'll look into it more.

It was almost, but not quite, right.

This regression test should show that if you ask for it, it will put 20
systems on a page.  Half of them overflowed the page in .40.  In .41 I
compressed them a bit too high.  I've got a new patch that I'll push for
.42.

Thanks,

Carl

I _think_ that's fixed it in .42. The staves all just fit on the page, but the clefs overlap. I presume this is intended behaviour.

--
Phil Holmes
Bug Squad