Re: Add tab-tie-follow-engraver (issue2723043)

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Add tab-tie-follow-engraver (issue2723043)
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 15:12:34 -0700

On 12/5/10 12:22 PM, "Marc Hohl" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Am 05.12.2010 02:19, schrieb address@hidden:
>> On 2010/12/05 00:58:13, Neil Puttock wrote:
>>> I don't know, but they're consistently shifted to the right unless
>>> there are double-digit notes present.
>>
>> I wanted your opinion on the spacing in the .png I sent.  I adjusted the
>> offset, but it wasn't part of this patch.
>>
>> I have deliberately shifted the tab note heads to the right, because
>> they were slightly too far to the left, in my opinion.
> I don't know why, but in the .png it looks as if they were almost
> right-aligned to the
> note heads, but in fact, they are centered.
>
> Perhaps the left edge of a number should be aligned to the left edge of
> a note head
> when the fret number is a single digit, whereas fret numbers > 9 should
> be centered
> according to the center of the left-aligned single digits (I don't know how
> to describe this in a simpler way...).

Marc,

If you get the most recent patch from Rietveld, and look at line 276 of
scm/tablatures.scm, you'll see the constant that adjusts things -- the 2/3.

Would you please test this with multiple values of that constant, and come
up with a value that you like?

I think a value of 1/2 would give the behavior you described above.

I'd like your opinion on what would be a preferred value.

Once you have a good value, I think I'll modify the patch so that constant
is part of the TabNoteHead 'details, which will give the user control over
it.

Thanks,

Carl