Re: Add tab-tie-follow-engraver (issue2723043)

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Add tab-tie-follow-engraver (issue2723043)
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 16:56:44 -0700

On 12/6/10 3:37 AM, "Marc Hohl" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Am 05.12.2010 23:12, schrieb Carl Sorensen:
>>

>> [...]
>>> Perhaps the left edge of a number should be aligned to the left edge of
>>> a note head
>>> when the fret number is a single digit, whereas fret numbers>  9 should
>>> be centered
>>> according to the center of the left-aligned single digits (I don't know how
>>> to describe this in a simpler way...).
>>>

>> Marc,
>>
>> If you get the most recent patch from Rietveld, and look at line 276 of
>> scm/tablatures.scm, you'll see the constant that adjusts things -- the 2/3.
>>
> Hello Carl,
>
> I fiddled around with the value, and it seems that 3/5 is the best IMHO.
> 1/2 is exactly what I described, but it doesn't look right.

I didn't like 1/2 either.  That's why I went with 2/3, but that was just
because it seemed to be centered on the intersection between the regular
note heads and the staff lines for notes in staff spaces.

I'm happy to go with 3/5, as you recommend.

I've added the head-offset property to TabNoteHead 'details, set its default
value to 3/5, and pushed the changes.

Thanks,

Carl