Re: Doc: Various to LM and NR from user email threads (issue3581041)

From: pkx166h
Subject: Re: Doc: Various to LM and NR from user email threads (issue3581041)
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 20:34:20 +0000

Sorry I didn't read Graham;s comment first time round.

http://codereview.appspot.com/3581041/diff/1/Documentation/learning/fundamental.itely
File Documentation/learning/fundamental.itely (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/3581041/diff/1/Documentation/learning/fundamental.itely#newcode2113
Documentation/learning/fundamental.itely:2113: @warning{The
@code{Stem_engraver} and @code{Beam_engraver} attach their
On 2010/12/11 14:01:10, Graham Percival wrote:
So far, we don't have any @warning inside the @seealso section.  I'd
say that
unless you're specifically warning about one of our links (dunno what
that might
mean... "warning: this link might not work?" :), this should either be
higher up
in the section, or be a known issue.

Yes sorry I meant this to be an @knownissue then changed my mind but not
the position.

Since you're talking about removing an engraver (which isn't really
standard
NR-level stuff), I'd suggest making it a knownissue rather than a
warning.

This is LM Graham. Not that that makes a difference to me if you want it
to be @warning or @knownissue. We do mention how to remove
engravers/contexts in the LM as a gentle introduction, and I was
thinking that 'removing the noteheads' is kind of what anyone new to LP
might do, just because they can...but also we show in the LM how to
create scores for 'teaching music' (remove bars for putting back in,
remove notes to teach rhythm etc) so I thought this appropriate in the
LM, but your comment about thinking it was NR now leads me to think
maybe it should be in there instead?

james

http://codereview.appspot.com/3581041/