Re: Re: Organ pedalboard fingerings

From: bordage . bertrand
Subject: Re: Re: Organ pedalboard fingerings
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 22:17:30 +0000

> You might search through the issues list for issues with the label "Frog".
> Those are intended to be tasks that those with only limited LilyPond
> development experience can tackle.

:o) What a wonderful organization ! And GOP hasn't started yet !
I'll do my best on these issues !

> BTW, I have checked Read, Stone, and Ross.  All three are consistent with
> Bertrand's report.  All three indicate that ^ and u should be used for toe
> and heel, respectively, and that right foot indications go above the staff
> and left foot indications go below the staff.
>
> Only Stone lists the possibility of alternate markings of v and o for toe
> and heel, and he lists it as o, not as an upside-down u.

Do we know why, where and when the O was used ?
It's always interessing to dispose of several notations.

Speaking of several notations, I would also like to improve the parmesan font, starting with the brevis\longa noteheads (only 3 stafflinethickness of holeheight...). But it's another topic !