Re: Doc: NR cross-staff (issue3782042)

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Doc: NR cross-staff (issue3782042)
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 20:37:15 -0800

On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 00:54:38 -0800, <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]I would prefer to see the original example retained to show in the starkest
fashion how staves should be changed manually, with this one added later
to show the possibility of collisions.

That's a better way to do it.  The attached patch reverts the original example,
and is a simple addition of one @lilypond and one paragraph.

Carl started this issue for me, and I think it best to stay on his issue number
for continuity. Carl will probably upload the patch to his issue for me, but we
can't expect that to happen too soon.

No need to wait for the upload, though, because this simple patch is
human-readable.

The new example involves the types of collisions that I see most often.  Tell
me if the resolutions of the ugly collisions, the pitched rests and commented
use of staff-padding, needs any extra description in the text.

-Keith