Re: Doc: NR cross-staff (issue3782042)

From: v . villenave
Subject: Re: Doc: NR cross-staff (issue3782042)
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 07:57:58 +0000

LGTM. I was a bit shocked when I saw the collisions in the example, but
I think I understand Keith's point.

http://codereview.appspot.com/3782042/diff/1/Documentation/notation/keyboards.itely
File Documentation/notation/keyboards.itely (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/3782042/diff/1/Documentation/notation/keyboards.itely#newcode173
Documentation/notation/keyboards.itely:173: time of the switch.  If
necessary, add spacer rests to
Doc guidelines mention that we should avoid addressing the reader. I'd
rephrase that as "if necessary, spacer rests may be added to keep staves
@qq{alive}, as explained in @ref{Keeping contexts alive}."

http://codereview.appspot.com/3782042/diff/1/Documentation/notation/keyboards.itely#newcode188
Documentation/notation/keyboards.itely:188: s2\mf\< s4. s8\!
Do we really want to show collisions in our examples? :-)

http://codereview.appspot.com/3782042/diff/1/Documentation/notation/keyboards.itely#newcode205
Documentation/notation/keyboards.itely:205: Automatic collision
resolution is suspended for beams, slurs
Oh I see: it's not a bug, it's a feature :)

All-righty then.

http://codereview.appspot.com/3782042/