Re: Can't get info and docs together. was Building info with images in 2

From: Dave Plater
Subject: Re: Can't get info and docs together. was Building info with images in 2.13.44
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 13:29:45 +0200

On 12/29/2010 11:31 PM, Graham Percival wrote:

>>> Only the source, sorry.
>>>

>> It seems that lilypond-snippets aren't being created, there isn't a
>> trace in sourced or intalled files but they are present in the
>> documentation tar ball.
>>
> Umm...
> address@hidden:~/src/lilypond$ git grep lilypond-snippets
> Documentation/GNUmakefile
> Documentation/GNUmakefile:INFO_DOCS += lilypond-snippets
>
> start looking there.
>
> Cheers,
> - Graham

If I use "make info" after make all I get a full compliment of info
files but if I make doc afterwards the info files are under
out/share/info and lilypond-snippets info files are nowhere to be seen.
This can most probably be explained by the makefile entry :
MAIN_INFO_DOC = lilypond-web
INFO_DOCS = lilypond-usage lilypond-changes lilypond-contributor
lilypond-internals \
lilypond-essay lilypond-learning lilypond-notation music-glossary \
lilypond-web lilypond-extending
ifeq ($(out),www)
INFO_DOCS += lilypond-snippets
endif
INFO_FILES = $(INFO_DOCS:%=$(outdir)/%.info)

ifeq ($(out),www)
INFO_IMAGES_DIR = lilypond
DEST_INFO_IMAGES_SUBDIR = Documentation/
endif

In the 2.12.3 doc build "info/lilypond" was a symlink to
"doc/lilypond/html/Documentation/user" and "info/lilypond-snippets" was
a link to "doc/packages/lilypond/html/input/lsr" I've read through all
the building documentation references I can find and am still in the
dark. I did see this :
"Note that to get the images in Info documentation, install-doc target
creates symbolic links to HTML and PDF installed documentation tree in
‘prefix/share/info’, in order to save disk space, whereas install-info
copies images in ‘prefix/share/info’ subdirectories."

but I don't get any symlinks in "usr/share/info" neither the "lilypond"
symlink nor the "lilypond-snippets" symlink. Maybe the person who
compiles the documentation tar ball can let me in on the secret, I can
quite happily bypass the make install-doc and make install-info parts
and manually copy to the correct place.
Thanks
Dave P