Re: Map voices to channels in MIDI output

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Map voices to channels in MIDI output
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 12:45:57 +0100

Reinhold Kainhofer schreef op ma 14-03-2011 om 10:49 [+0100]:

Hi Reinold,

> There are some problems with the new method:
>
> -) All staves with \partcombine now use four (!) different midi tracks:
> shared,
> one, two and solo (because partcombine internally uses four voices)

Yes, is that a problem?  Won't this allow midi2ly to nicely recreate the
original, instead of from the previous merged output?

Does midiChannelMapping == #'staff still produce the old output?

> -) The order of the tracks in the midi file is wrong: I would expect all the
> voices from the same staff to be grouped together, and everything to be inthe
> same order as in the PDF.

Isn't that the case?  That would be weird, audio_staffs should be
created as they appear and still in the same order as before.

> However, now all lyrics (BTW, why do lyrics get a
> separate track at all, shouldn't they be in the same track as the music
> events
> they belong to?)

Good question.  I think it would be nice if lyrics would be added to the
track of their lyricsto-voice.

> are placed at the very bottom, and all tracks generated by
> partcombine are then placed after all the lyrics

Weird.  I would very much appreciate small test cases that I can add
to the midi test suite!

Jan.

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | AvatarĀ®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl