Re: Has piano pedal brackets end on the right of a note column. (issue 4

From: Mike Solomon
Subject: Re: Has piano pedal brackets end on the right of a note column. (issue 4899050)
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 08:25:40 +0200

On Aug 19, 2011, at 5:01 AM, address@hidden wrote:

> A swing and a miss, I'm afraid.
>
> See input/regression/pedal-bracket for what the original alignment goals
> were.  (You could expand that reg-test to cover issue 723)
>
> I think the correct fix is merely to ignore suspended heads, which could
> be implemented as aligning to the stem for down-stems.  I find good
> evidence to back that up I'll post on the bug tracker.

If this is the fix, my recent work on 620 could be tweaked a bit to be used in
this situation as well.  Currently, bound-interfaces is a property that resides
in the grobs being aligned to (note columns, paper columns).  If instead bound
interfaces resides in the grobs that are being aligned (hairpins, line
spanners, piano pedals), then the same note column could be aligned to
different ways for different grobs.  The more I think about it, the more it
makes sense.  Let me know if you think this'd be a good option.

Cheers,
MS