Re: Has piano pedal brackets end on the right of a note column. (issue 4

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Has piano pedal brackets end on the right of a note column. (issue 4899050)
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 00:51:22 -0700

On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 23:25:40 -0700, Mike Solomon <address@hidden> wrote:

On Aug 19, 2011, at 5:01 AM, address@hidden wrote:
I think the correct fix is merely to ignore suspended heads, which could
be implemented as aligning to the stem for down-stems.  I find good
evidence to back that up I'll post on the bug tracker.

If this is the fix,

I don't know until next time I look at Ted Ross' book in the library.  I have
lots of piano music, but pedaling is very rarely written explicitly.

I would have thought piano pedal brackets would work just like hairpins, but
input/regression/pedal-bracket.ly says they end a bit earlier, at the /left/ of
the main note column.

my recent work on 620 could be tweaked a bit to be used in this situation as
well.  Currently, bound-interfaces is a property that resides in the grobs
being aligned to (note columns, paper columns).  If instead bound interfaces
resides in the grobs that are being aligned (hairpins, line spanners, piano
pedals), then the same note column could be aligned to different ways for
different grobs.  The more I think about it, the more it makes sense.  Let me
know if you think this'd be a good option.

You mean your new 'bound-alignment-interfaces.  I didn't follow issue 620, but
looking now I don't see how it helps.  We would want to find the left extent of
the note-heads in the main note column, excluding suspended note-heads.
(Actually, I think that is the x-reference point for the NoteColumn)