Re: Fixes missing images in big website page (issue 4964041)

From: PhilEHolmes
Subject: Re: Fixes missing images in big website page (issue 4964041)
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 09:55:25 +0000

This may be a repeat of what's in my reply, but two places is better
than none?

I'm trying to get rid of the hard-coded languages in website build, so
that making changes to the language list involves only a single change
in the source files, rather than multiple ones.  This is issue 1795 (but
see a comment I'll be making there later today, after further checking).
 I'll try to get the full website-build working later today.  FWIW the
not-quite-full website build (i.e. the standard one most people would
run) does work fine.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4964041/diff/3001/make/website.make
File make/website.make (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4964041/diff/3001/make/website.make#newcode57
make/website.make:57: ### only update this when the language compiles
correctly!
I wasn't ignoring the comment.  I read it as saying that we should only
add a language to the list when it compiles clean.  Perhaps this warning
should be added to langdef.py?

http://codereview.appspot.com/4964041/diff/3001/scripts/build/create-weblinks-itexi.py
File scripts/build/create-weblinks-itexi.py (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4964041/diff/3001/scripts/build/create-weblinks-itexi.py#newcode12
scripts/build/create-weblinks-itexi.py:12: import langdefs
Yes.  In truth I'm not sure why, but this runs quite happily with make
website.  It will not run if you try to run create-weblinks-itexi.py
from the command line, so there must be paths added during the make.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4964041/