Re: Improve language handling (was Re: Fixes missing images in big websi

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Improve language handling (was Re: Fixes missing images in big website page (issue 4964041))
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 13:19:21 +0100

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 12:48:59PM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: <address@hidden>
>
> >I'd rather keep this list separate.  I suppose that technically it could
> >still be put into langdefs.py and define a list of "all translations"
> >and another list of "website-approved translations", but that would
> >involve a lot more playing with the build system and I don't think it's
> >worth it.  I guess I'm not opposed to it in principle, as long as the
> >build still works for all cases.
>
> With a bit of work I've now got this so langdefs is imported for
> website builds both in the "normal" way and in the out-of-tree way
> we've just been discussing.

Hmm, that sounds very promising!  Quite independently from the
language issue, I was hoping that we could have a single
get_lilypond_version() function, which would require exactly the
same importing.

> So, if wanted, I could put up a patch for review that gets rid
> of the hard-coding of languages in make website.  I think this
> would be a Good Thing, but am prepared to be told it's not.  I
> understand the need to exclude languages for some reason - I'd
> suggest this was done with something like an ExludedWebLanguages
> list/variable in langdefs.py?

It's heads or tails whether we have a
  UseWebLanagues = []
or
  ExcludeWebLanauges = []
list.  I'm fine with either.

Yes, please put this patch up for review -- but I'm most concerned
about it working in the "full independent" website build.