Re: Gets rid of length in the docs. (issue 4965053)

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Gets rid of length in the docs. (issue 4965053)
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 12:55:07 +0200

Am Montag, 29. August 2011, 11:56:17 schrieb Janek Warchoł:
> From my point of view, commit messages, descriptions in tracker and on
> Rietveld are essential.  Some patches have no description and i cannot
> say anything about them.

+1. Also, Rietveld descriptions like "Fix 1234"  are NOT useful at all. It
requires you to look up what bug 1234 is about, and then try to understand how
the implementation tried to fix it.

The same goes for git commit messages. It happens regularly that I have to
look up who last changed something, and then commit message does not tell
anything about WHY a change was done at all.

Cheers,
Reinhold
 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886