Re: Gets rid of length in the docs. (issue 4965053)

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Gets rid of length in the docs. (issue 4965053)
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 17:17:24 +0000 (UTC)

Mike Solomon <mikesol <at> ufl.edu> writes:

> As I stated in a previous mail, it is easy to re-instate
> a length property in the stem-interface and then
> build it into either Stem::internal_height or Stem::print.
> I have no problem with this.

The KEEP LENGTH option is the best,
because 'length and 'Y-extent should be distinct.

Properties like 'length and 'height and 'font-size tell the stencil
how to make the shape.
The resulting stencil and its placement determine the 'Y-extent.

Probably less work to restore 'length than write the convert-ly rules
to remove it.