Re: New git cl :: rebase patches

From: Julien Rioux
Subject: Re: New git cl :: rebase patches
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 16:08:45 +0200

On 04/10/2011 3:04 PM, Colin Campbell wrote:
On 11-10-04 02:48 AM, address@hidden wrote:
Hey all,

I uploaded a couple patches to Rietveld this morning just to have
clean diffs with current master (my bazillion commits on my local
branch won't apply to current master anymore). I then download this
diff and run the regtests. However, with the new git cl, James sees
patch_new and also runs the regtests. Thus, he may be running failing
retgetsts that I haven't been able to check yet. I think that the new
git cl should ask the uploader if she wants a patch to be labeled
patch new instead of doing it automatically so that James doesn't run
regtests on patches that could be buggy. Thoughts?

Cheers,
MS

How about patch status of "WIP", for "work in progress", or we could
have the patch status default to needs-work, with the onus on the
developer to set it to patch-new when it's ready to be checked?

Cheers,
Colin

I guess most of us don't have any privilege to change this status on googlepage. Moreover, it seems to me that Mike's use-case was simply to store his patch somewhere while he fiddled with his local git repository, with the intention to reapply his patch later, but not to make it public. I am no git expert, but I am fairly certain that this can be handled completely locally by learning a few git commands.

--
Julien