Re: patches to apply

From: Peekay Ex
Subject: Re: patches to apply
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 13:52:39 +0000

Hello,

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 1:45 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> Graham Percival <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On Tue, Nov 01, 2011 at 01:32:13PM +0000, Peekay Ex wrote:
>>>
>>> I can push these.
>>>
>>> @graham etc. is this something I would push to dev/staging?
>>
>> yes, please do.  I kept on getting patch application conflicts for
>> some reason.
>
> Well, people commit "little" changes to master directly all the time,

:"(

> and then dev/staging is no longer a descendant of master.

Yes and I suppose that is why I cannot push these patches to dev\staging

--snip--

address@hidden:~/lilypond-git$ git push origin
HEAD:refs/heads/dev/staging
To ssh://address@hidden/srv/git/lilypond.git
 ! [rejected]        HEAD -> dev/staging (non-fast-forward)
error: failed to push some refs to
'ssh://address@hidden/srv/git/lilypond.git'
To prevent you from losing history, non-fast-forward updates were rejected
Merge the remote changes before pushing again.  See the 'Note about
fast-forwards' section of 'git push --help' for details.
--snip--

Is there something I can do on my side to push these to dev\staging?

> In the last quarter of an hour, I have probably rebased and repushed
> dev/staging half a dozen times.  Currently it is a proper descendant of
> master again, but that state will not likely persist more than ten
> minutes.

I'm sorry.

James