Re: patches to apply

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: patches to apply
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 07:01:28 +0100

Peekay Ex <address@hidden> writes:

>>>address@hidden:~/lilypond-git$ git branch -r
>>>  origin/HEAD -> origin/master
>>>  origin/master
>>

>> I would do:
>>
>> git checkout dev/staging
>> git push origin dev/staging
>>
>> In order to get my changes into dev/staging on origin.
>>

> Unfortunately not, I get
>
> address@hidden:~/lilypond-git$ git checkout dev/staging
> error: pathspec 'dev/staging' did not match any file(s) known to git.
>
> --snip--
>
> I need to do some more homework on GIT and Branches.

You just don't have any branches except master on your computer.

Make sure that in .git/config, you have the line

        fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*

(no other fetch lines should be necessary) in the section [remote
"origin"].  Then do

git fetch

After that, your repository should be populated with _every_ remote
branch available.