Re: Fixes NoteColumn vs SpanBar collisions. (issue 5323062)

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Fixes NoteColumn vs SpanBar collisions. (issue 5323062)
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 17:57:45 +0000 (UTC)

mike <at> apollinemike.com <mike <at> apollinemike.com> writes:

> > So if we take this patch, we should probably change the regression test,
> > as well, because the SpanBars will not actually be participating in the
> > horizontal collision system.
> > (e.g., if somebody does \remove "Bar_engraver", the accidental collides
> > with the span bar again.)
> >

> Ah, I see - yes, you're right - will change in a new patch in a couple days.

> But this seems a bit excessive - where are concrete cases that involve people
removing the
> Bar_line_engraver and, in these cases, can they accomplish the same thing by
setting #'transparent = ##t ?

I don't know any reason to remove the bar_engraver and still want
span bars.  The only bar_engraver removal I see is at
<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.14/Documentation/notation/chants-psalms-and-hymns>

I meant only to suggest updating the regression test texidoc.
It seems with your patch that the bar lines handle all the horizontal
collisions along their extensions, so the SpanBar need not worry at all.