Re: Fixes NoteColumn vs SpanBar collisions. (issue 5323062)

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Fixes NoteColumn vs SpanBar collisions. (issue 5323062)
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 06:39:56 +0000

I'll try to make a patch so that note-spacing is not affected by
potential collisions between grobs from different staff-like-contexts
(fixing the rare Lyrics-barline interaction).  Then we can restore
skyline-vertical-padding.

Net, with this patch and the other SpanBarStub patch, you've added 680
lines of code containing two new engravers, to fix issue 910 and issue
1955.  I don't like the thought of maintaining that.

What is the overall plan for the new engravers?

http://codereview.appspot.com/5323062/diff/12001/input/regression/lyrics-pass-under-bar.ly
File input/regression/lyrics-pass-under-bar.ly (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5323062/diff/12001/input/regression/lyrics-pass-under-bar.ly#newcode4
input/regression/lyrics-pass-under-bar.ly:4: texidoc = "Long lyrics
should be allowed to pass under
They do so, except in very rare cases in short examples where nothing
protrudes from the staff.

I agree it would be nice to change this, but did you really see the
problem in real music?

http://codereview.appspot.com/5323062/diff/12001/lily/pure-from-neighbor-engraver.cc
File lily/pure-from-neighbor-engraver.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5323062/diff/12001/lily/pure-from-neighbor-engraver.cc#newcode32
lily/pure-from-neighbor-engraver.cc:32: vector<Grob *> pures_;
This takes the lilypond-jargon 'pure' even further from its original
inspiration (a pure function that does not depend on nor change program
state).
What is a 'pure' when used as a noun?

http://codereview.appspot.com/5323062/diff/12001/scm/define-grob-properties.scm
File scm/define-grob-properties.scm (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5323062/diff/12001/scm/define-grob-properties.scm#newcode583
scm/define-grob-properties.scm:583: (neighbors-filtered ,boolean?
"Callback to filter an element list.")
But 'neighbors-filtered' is not the callback, but the resulting list, is
it not?
The question I look here to answer is "how does LilyPond behave
differently if elements-filtered is changed?"

http://codereview.appspot.com/5323062/