Re: Doc: NR Added new node for Custom Footnotes (issue 5315053)

From: mtsolo
Subject: Re: Doc: NR Added new node for Custom Footnotes (issue 5315053)
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 09:34:12 +0000

http://codereview.appspot.com/5315053/diff/14001/Documentation/notation/input.itely
File Documentation/notation/input.itely (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5315053/diff/14001/Documentation/notation/input.itely#newcode1049
Documentation/notation/input.itely:1049: @qq{bottom left} and @qq{top
right} of the grob respectively.
On 2011/11/02 08:17:42, Graham Percival wrote:
lolwut ?  why didn't Mike just pick one value (either the center or
top-left
corner) and stick with it?!

this is unnecessarily confusing.

The Balloon grob has been like this ever since it has existed in
LilyPond, and footnote just uses the balloon print function.  I actually
like the way this works, as it allows the footnote to be aligned to any
corner or edge of the grob (not unlike ly:stencil-combine-at-edge).

So that's my reasoning.  But the question "why didn't Mike..." should be
addressed to Han-Wen: as he was the one who created it, he may have
answers that I don't.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5315053/