Re: Doc: NR Added new node for Custom Footnotes (issue 5315053)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Doc: NR Added new node for Custom Footnotes (issue 5315053)
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 23:31:05 -0800

On Nov 4, 2011, at 4:10 PM, address@hidden wrote:

This still needs work but I need some decisions err.. decided and some
more input from Mike.

James

Sorry for the delay!  I missed this e-mail.

I guess because we are not indicating a grob i.e.

c-\autoFootnote #'(1 . -1.25)

vs

\autoFootnote #'NoteHead #'(1 . -1.25)
c4

Which does the same thing.

Mike any comment on this?

Yup - exactly.  The postfix operator only ever works in chords and will apply to NoteHeads.
{ <a^\espressivo-\autoFootnote #'(1 . 1) "a" > }

It seems to infer, now that Graham has phrased it like this, that note
head grobs in this case are 'assumed' and not needed to be specified
like a slur or beam grob etc.

It'd be nice if this were more robust so that it could apply to other things like scripts, but for now, it only works with notes.  This could be a known issue if you'd like.

Cheers,
MS