Re: can't release 2.15.17 due to translators

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: can't release 2.15.17 due to translators
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 12:08:14 +0000

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 09:44:06AM +0100, Francisco Vila wrote:
> 2011/11/10 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
> > We really need to stop the untested commits to master.
>
> Before adding "(obviously not enough)" to "I've done my best" I must
> repeat, the commit was tested and the docs compiled. The issue is
> distribution related.  With your help, I'll find a way to fix
> distribution problems without running GUB (I've tried that before; if
> running GUB is mandatory for me, I will think on that nevertheless.)

Yes.  It's basically a "make distcheck" thing, but I think that
GUB adds some other layer to that testing.  (in other words, I'm
not guaranteeing that there's any "distcheck" target in the
lilypond build system)

It would be nice if somebody:
- looked at GUB to figure out what test(s) it's doing
- made sure thoses tests are avaible in normal lilypond build
  system
- added those tests to patchy
- made the translators only "combine" their work with dev/staging

I am *absolutely* not getting involved in this.  I've told you
what I know about GUB; if you want more info, go look at the
source.